Birth of Two Babies

October 1, 2009

Hello dear readers,

I do apologize for the lack of blog posts but things have been busy around here.

I’ve started a new gig with Allrecipes.com and as my husband keeps teasing me, I’m about to give birth to two babies!  Yes, I am expecting. The real baby is due in February 2010, and of course the book (with a much longer gestation period) officially launches today! The Asian Grandmothers Cookbook is available at your local bookseller and through Amazon.com.

If you live in the Seattle area, I have three events scheduled this month and you can buy books directly from me:

Cooking Demo and Book Signing at the Farmers’ Market
When: Saturday, October 17th, 10 a.m.
Where: University District Farmers’ Market
50th and University Way
Just show up for samples and recipes!

Book Signing at Julia’s Indonesian Kitchen
When: Sunday, October 18th, 4-6 p.m.
Where: Julia’s Indonesian Kitchen
910 NE 65th St.
(206) 522-5528
Free samples!

Asian Chicken Delights Cooking Class
When: Tuesday, October 20, 6:30 p.m.
Where: Nisei Veterans Clubhouse
1212 S. King St., International District
For more information and to register, please visit: Nuculinary.com

If you’d like to read what the press has been saying about the book, here are a few links:

The Monterey County Weekly: “Pacific Grove author’s new book simmers in Asian culinary wisdom”

Asiasociety.org: “A new book deliciously weaves together generations-old recipes—and the stories of the women who cook them …”

Publishers Weekly: “Publishers Put Stock in Asian Grandmothers”

Thank you for all your support!

1. December 25, 2009 5:40 pm

Pat, the cookbook is simply awesome. Thank you – it is easily my favorite cookbook on Asian food. I love how it marries together so many cultures and how you make them so accessible to people who didn’t grow up cooking within those cultures. I especially love the stories from the women. You did a great job and I can’t wait for the next book. Good luck with your next arrival.

2. Leah permalink
    October 19, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi Pat,

I emailed you after I got the cookbook from Amazon, but don’t mind saying this again. Loved it!!! Read it all through the end in one night. The attention to detail is just amazing.

Congratulations on the babies (especially the real one)!

Leah

• October 29, 2009 11:44 am

Thank you, Leah. It’s exciting times on both accounts.

3. October 12, 2009 9:50 pm

hi
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    ON BOTH YOUR HAPPY EVENTS !!!
    I would love to read your book , lets see when i can….

4. Tuty permalink
    October 6, 2009 3:47 pm

Congrats, Pat!! The Indonesian community is really proud of your accomplishments.

Can’t wait to see the little one :-)

• October 29, 2009 11:32 am

aww shucks … thanks so much for your support, Tuty!

5. October 5, 2009 9:09 pm

Cathy, Dianne, Su-Lin and Christina,
    Thank you so much for your kind words of support!

Mo is my sister and I promise I didn’t pay her to say nice things. Thank you seester!

6. October 4, 2009 8:37 pm

sooooooooo exciting!!!!
    it’s so cool to see your name (and our surname) under “author” on the website!
    congrats pat, you should really be proud of your accomplishments!!
    (i am!)
    *hugs*

7. October 2, 2009 7:08 am

Congratulations on both new additions (editions? [grin]), that’s great news!

8. October 2, 2009 6:26 am

Congratulations on both babies (for a while there, I thought you were expecting twins!)!!!

9. October 1, 2009 9:47 pm

Hi Pat,
    Hope you’re coming to the Bay Area so I can buy my copy in person. Congrats!

10. October 1, 2009 3:53 pm

Congrats on both fronts, Pat! February babies are the best (I am one ;-) ). Live it up!

1. Birth of Two Babies - Cooking YOUR Food